Mount Magmeow Cat Shines are the subject of this guide, in which we break down each Cat Shine and its location within this region of Bowser’s Fury and Lake Lapcat.
Mount Magmeow Cat Shines
By the end of this guide, you’ll know where to find Mount Magmeow Cat Shines, and for other regions you can click back to our Cat Shine locations guide for the other locations.
Back Off, Cat Prince Bully!
Follow the natural path of the stage, riding the green moving platforms along the way. You’ll eventually reach an arena section where Cat Prince Bully appears. Knock him into the pipes then attack his squished form three times to beat him and get the Shine.
Atop Mount Magmeow
There isn’t much strategy to this one: it’s just another standard, linear run through the stage, though this time there are a lot more obstacles and switches to make things more difficult. Just proceed as normal and jump through the clear pipe at the end to be transported to the top of the mountain.
Hurry! Steer the Switchboards!
Ground-pound the purple switch at the start of the stage to make a series of moving green platforms appear, with the Shine at the end. You only have 20 seconds to make it so you can’t really waste any time here: it may need a couple of tries.
Mount Magmeow Cat Shine Shards
You can find the Mount Magmeow Cat Shine Shard locations here:
- Climb up the first section of the stage. Before you reach the first moving green platform, look over the edge to the right and you’ll see another moving green platform in the water below you. Jump onto that and ride it around to reach the first Shard.
- The second Shard can be seen on a stone platform when you ride the first moving green platform after the stage starts.
- After you go past the section with the two small gaps and the fire bars going through them, when you then turn right the third Shard is down that gap: you’ll need to wall-jump out after you get it to avoid dying.
- When you jump on the next moving green platform after the previous section, don’t jump off it when you reach the next platform (near the POW blocks). Instead, keep riding it, duck under the wall then wall-jump to reach a hidden section with the fourth Shard.
- Go back and hit the POW blocks near the next green moving platform: the final Shard is located behind them.
Blast the Fury Blocks
The Fury Blocks can be seen on the right when you start the stage. Don’t go for them right away because they’re surrounded by oil at first: wait until you turn on the lighthouse, because this’ll clear the oil and make it easier to do the usual routine of getting Fury Bowser to breathe fire on them to break them and get the Shine behind them.
Bowser's Fury Cat Shine locations
- Fur Step Island Cat Shines
- Scamper Shores Cat Shines
- Pounce Bounce Isle Cat Shines
- Fort Flaptrap Cat Shines
- Slipskate Slope Cat Shines
- Clawswipe Colosseum Cat Shines
- Trickity Tower Cat Shines
- Crisp Climb Castle Cat Shines
- Pipe Path Tower Cat Shines
- Risky Whisker Island Cat Shines
- Mount Magmeow Cat Shines
- Roiling Roller Isle Cat Shines
- Plessie Medals and Rings Cat Shines
- Cloud Cannon and Rabbit Chase Cat Shines
- Purple Switches and Lake Lapcat Cat Shines