Fort Flaptrap Cat Shines are the subject of this guide, in which we break down each Cat Shine and its location within this region of Bowser’s Fury and Lake Lapcat.
Fort Flaptrap Cat Shines
By the end of this guide, you’ll know where to find Fort Flaptrap Cat Shines, and for other regions you can click back to our Cat Shine locations guide for the other locations.
Bully the Cat Bullies
Run straight ahead and use the flipping platforms to reach the large area on the top. You’ll see a number of Cat Bullies: you have to knock them all into the holes to make the Shine appear. Bowser Jr can help with this, and a Fire Flower makes it easier too.
Blue Coin Bustle
Run straight ahead again. This time, in front of the flipping platforms is a switch that makes blue coins appear. Collect them all in time to make more blue coins appear in the larger area. Collect all of those to get the Shine.
Show’s Over, Cat Magikoopas
Head back up to the larger area and this time you’ll be faced with a bunch of Cat Magikoopas who are standing over the switches. Defeat them all to get the Shine: this is much, much easier if you have a Fire Flower.
Fort Flaptrap Cat Shine Shards
You can find the Fort Flaptrap Cat Shine Shard locations here:
- The first Shard is on one of the flipping platforms facing you at the start of the stage.
- Head to the lighthouse and you’ll find the second Shard sitting behind it.
- From the start of the stage, go forwards and instead of going to the flipping platforms, turn right. Just beyond the speed boost on the ground you’ll see three trees: the third Shard is there.
- The fourth Shard is high up in the air, right next to the Fury Blocks (see Shine 16). There are a couple of ways to get it, but the quickest is to just bring up your cursor and send Bowser Jr to get it for you.
- From Shard 4, turn around and you’ll see a little tunnel with kittens in it. Walk through that tunnel, turn left, walk past the speed boost and you’ll see two tiny blocks at the bottom of the wall. Break these with Cat Mario to find a secret tunnel holding the final Shard. If you don’t have Cat Mario, there’s a question mark on the wall above the blocks: send Bowser Jr to check it out and he’ll find a Cat Mario power-up.
Blast the Fury Blocks
Instead of going straight and heading up the flipping platforms as usual, head right and walk round the side of the stage. Behind the trees you’ll see some Fury Blocks sitting on the floor. Wait for Bowser to appear (or use a Bowser amiibo to trigger it right away) and encourage him to breathe fire at you, to break the blocks and reveal the Shine inside.
Bowser's Fury Cat Shine locations
- Fur Step Island Cat Shines
- Scamper Shores Cat Shines
- Pounce Bounce Isle Cat Shines
- Fort Flaptrap Cat Shines
- Slipskate Slope Cat Shines
- Clawswipe Colosseum Cat Shines
- Trickity Tower Cat Shines
- Crisp Climb Castle Cat Shines
- Pipe Path Tower Cat Shines
- Risky Whisker Island Cat Shines
- Mount Magmeow Cat Shines
- Roiling Roller Isle Cat Shines
- Plessie Medals and Rings Cat Shines
- Cloud Cannon and Rabbit Chase Cat Shines
- Purple Switches and Lake Lapcat Cat Shines